Monday, August 26, 2013

update on the Squigoth

So I haven't been able to get a lot of work done on the Squiggoth recently for a variety of reasons. First and foremost has been time. I just haven't had much of it lately. Second reason is... well there just isn't a lot I can get done on it right now. I cut off the heads of the two Dino toys to find that they are basically sold latex forms stuffed with... well pillow stuffing. Needless to say, this does not make for a particularly strong support form. Particularly when we're talking about supporting a large structure like the Howdah and a dozen boys. So what did I do to address this? Simple. Filled the head of the T-rex and the body of the Trike with resin!
the T-rex head with the resin filling
a little extra strength with resin
Now the next major thing for the work is the fact that the Squiggoth has a large pair of tusks connected to the back of it's jaw. So... what am I going to do about those? Well I have a giant bitz box so I have to have something right? So I went and did a bit of bitz Box Diving and I found something. The Tusks from the Elphander Zoids kit. Only problem is they were angled. So what do I do? Simple, convert. I cut them apart so the large turn could be removed and then glued the parts back together and fill in the inner spaces with miliput.

0 comments:

Post a Comment