Thursday, May 24, 2012

Preperations continue...

So the first session of the Death Campaign is in a week, and I'm really excited for it. I have the adventure module that the GM is going to be running and I've thumbed through it but haven't specifically read it. The module itself is rather large comprising three separate stories that are intertwined and create a cohesive whole. The little snippets I've glimpses really get me excited.

However, one thing that doesn't get me excited: Using stand in items for the game. And when I say 'stand in items', I'm talking about using scraps of paper, pens and pencils, and beer caps as location markers for units and enemies. In a hobby that is designed around highly detailed models, it just... insulting to have to use scraps of paper for that sort of thing.

Now, am I suggesting that the GM should be required to go out and buy 2 boxes of Guardsman so we have guardsman to fight? or the GM should be solely responsible for providing models to put on the table? No. But with a group of 7 hobbyists, I do not feel it is too much to ask that we pool our resources and just keep in touch so like lets say next week we may encounter a group of stunted aliens with spears, the GM can toss out an email saying "Hey if anyone has 20 or 30 Skaven models they can bring, it'd be appreciated."  or "Hey Mike, you said you had some Guardsman models right? Would you mind bringing them next session?"

That's all there is to it.

But, that does not seem to be the case at this time. So I have taken it upon myself to provide what I hope to be a decent assortment of models for use in future games. Now I'm not going to try and provide every model we could possibly use. I'm sorry that's simply not within the realm of my abilities at this time. But rather I'm trying to provide a range of models that can be representative of most things we could encounter.

The first ones I will talk about are the Genestealers.

I started with a BroodLord because I had a fairly good idea of what I wanted to do with him. I wanted to make him look like he was ready for a fight, like maybe he'd been cornered and was rearing up for a charge, or perhaps he'd just dropped down from a ceiling to face it's aggressors.

The Conversion itself was pretty simple. Cut off the square mounting pegs on the model, and position the body down wards so the head is facing "out" as opposed to up, and put the arms facing outward.

0 comments:

Post a Comment