Tuesday, September 03, 2013

Titan construction continues

So had the day off from work today, and managed to get a notable amount of work done on my Titan.
Warhound titan waist assembly
The first time I tried to build this template the biggest problem I encountered was the mounting strength of the waist assembly standing up the weight of the body and keeping the legs attached to the waist assembly itself. The legs tended to tear away from the hips while there was just no easy way to attach the body to the waist. So I needed to make sure that the assembly was rigid enough to both support the body and provide a basis of attachment for the legs.

Sadly I didn't think it through properly when building this attempt otherwise I would have handled this problem differently. Here's what I did: I glued lengths of brass tube to the pvc conduit piping and then passed tooth picked through the tubes and into the assembly itself. I then filled the crotch with hot glue to both secure the tooth picks and to shore up the strength of the assembly.
And a crotch full of hot glue...
 Looking back on it I would have built an internal support across the whole of the assembly rather then using hot glue to secure it all. Still Live, learn and apply and all that.


Post a Comment