Saturday, November 10, 2012

Cultist conversions

So I've been more then a little busy and haven't had the time to commit to some of my hobby projects that I would have liked to. For the most part I've been able to squeeze out a few hours a week recently. This has lead to slow progress on most of my projects and short and simple other projects. This is an example of the later.

I've gotten my hands on nearly 100 cultist models from the Dark Vengeance starter set. So now I've got 400 points worth of cannon fodder/tar pitting/pain in the butt units to throw at my enemies. Yaah for me. I have 400 points where every 5th guy is identical... boo. So I've been working on converting the models. Not extensively, but enough to break up the uniformity of the models. These conversions consist largely of minor head and hand swaps but I think they meet the bill. Some point in the not-too distant future I hope to go back and fill in some gaps with green stuff.
Converted Chaos Cultist with a spiked mace and autopistol

Chaos Cultist, converted with a simple head swap

converted Chaos Cultist

converted Chaos Cultist

converted Chaos Cultist

converted Chaos Cultist

converted Chaos Cultist

converted Chaos Cultist

converted Chaos Cultist

converted Chaos Cultist

2 comments:

  1. I really want to do a bunch of cultist conversions but having a problem finding a good source of autopistols to give them. I found a few places online that sell an "uzi" looking model but they want $1+ a piece for them, which seems a little excessive... especially when you start looking at needing 70+ of them. Got any ideas?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man after all the work i put into my DV marines i was hoping to just be lazy with my DV cultists, but seeing how great these are...Very inspiring!
    PS - stop inspiring me ;)

    ReplyDelete